The Arab Women of Waterloo Region’s objectives are:
- Provide free culturally and linguistically-specific programming to Arab women in the Waterloo Region.
- Provide a safe and accessible space for Arab women to connect — especially those who are isolated or are newcomers.
- Connect Arab women with community resources, education, and tools relevant to their lives and interests.
- Support Arab women to achieve their fullest potential through active citizenship, volunteerism and peer support.
- Encourage healthy living through physical activity and a healthy mind.
- Alleviate women’s depression, anxiety and negative feelings caused by homesickness and isolation.
- Raise awareness of Arab women as valued contributors to the Waterloo Region and combat racism as a visible minority group.
- Build intercultural connections and mutual understanding.
- Elevate Arab women to become effective members and contribute to the local economy and its prosperity.